Thursday, June 14, 2012

Turns out you were just a little too hefty

I am kind of devoted to fitness and overall well being. I get kind of tired of hearing people say they have arthritis when they are over weight ... I think to myself "well if you lost 100 lbs I bet that arthritis would disappear! And I know it will unless you had multiple tests that conclude that you actually do have arthritis.

But I'm a short 5 ft 2.5 inches and I have weighed almost 200 lbs which is a lot of weight for my frame! I remember my joints in my knees and hips and even my finger joints would hurt. I went to the doctor they said it wasn't arthritis after blood tests were done.

Well a year or two later I lost the weight and WOW the pain (joint pain) went away!

Working in a physical therapy office I see it all the time and the therapists will take initiative to start a training program for these types of people - its physical therapy fitness - I guess if you mask the word "fitness" into therapy it makes you actually do fitness since you don't realize that what you are doing is actually exercising. It's just kind of funny to me

No comments: